Friday, September 08, 2006

Sugar Fix @ Pasticceria Bruno


THAT is one of the sumptuous, delectable desserts at Pasticceria Bruno on Bleecker St., the dulce de leche cheesecake. I stumbled upon this place when I went on the Walking and Eating Tour of Greenwich Village, and after seeing Pasticceria Bruno included in the book "New York's 50 Best Places to Enjoy Dessert", it was a no-brainer. I had to take one for the team and devour sweet pastries in the name of research.

Pasticceria Bruno, along with its sister establishment Bruno Bakery, is run by the award-winning Italian pastry chef Biagio Settepani. He was named one of the best pastry chefs back in 2000 by Pastry Art and Design magazine. Both places have the works - all sorts of pastries, tarts, cakes, cookies, bisotti, etc. to make your mouth drool and ensure that choosing would be a tough proposition.


Finally, after peering intently at the items within the display case for ages, decided on both the dulce de leche cheesecake and mango mousse. I found the former to be a little too sweet, while the latter was simply perfect and something I'd go back for. (No surprise here, since I love mangoes). Will surely try the cannoli, zupetta, sfogliatella, and other Italian specialties on my next visit.

To learn more about Pasticceria Bruno and Bruno bakery, check out their website. Make sure to click on the "Pastry Shop" option on the menu to see their wide selection of pastries.

1 comment:

LadyHAHA said...

I just slobbered on my keyboard.

That cheesecake looks not of this earth delicious!!