Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dessert Favorite: Payard's Patisserie (NYC)

Pictured is the Chinon, one of the delicious signature pastries found at Payard's Patisserie on Lexington Ave., between 73rd and 74th St. After lunch at Orasy, we decided to take a brief stroll around the neighborhood, and as the snow started to fall, Payard's was the place that came to find for refuge. As usual, it was packed with early-afternoon snackers who've heard of this place's reputation for finely made desserts.

The Chinon, according to www.payard.com, is made of pistachio dacquoise, with wild cherries on a chocolate wafer. Sounds fancy? It damned well tasted great. Pistachio and cherry combination is a must-try for everyone who has a sweet tooth. Despite my expanding waistline, I also ordered the Japonais (milk chocolate mousse, yuzu citrus cream, and sacher biscuit) - initially while munching on the outer edges of the Japonais I thought it was too "chocolatey", but when I got nearer to the core it was totally different! The citrus flavor provided a perfect complement to the sweet mousse, and the taste was quite heavenly, a verdict shared by my two friends.

With the display cases containing a multitude of tempting desserts, and the pictures on the menu all looking so delectable, it was hard to make a decision on which pastries to choose. Perhaps repeated visits have to be made to sample the full range of offerings at Payard's. In the meantime I shall content myself with drooling over their website's pics.

3 comments:

LadyHAHA said...

Oh. My. God. Your food blog is officially my favorite blog of all time. Good lord man. I didn't know I could drool a bucket in 2.2. nano seconds......

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

My name is Emily & I am writing to you on behalf of Wheeler's Black Label Frozen Desserts. We are holding a very special "chocoholic" ice cream tasting with Little Cakes in NYC this weekend and would love it if you could attend!

There will be several different varieties of vegan chocolate ice cream (including Wheeler's favorite, chocolate chocolate chip, and some vanilla and pumpkin flavors for those who aren't quite chocolate enthusiasts) all put together in a lovely little tasting party held at Little Cakes art gallery.

Here are the details:

WHERE?
Little Cakes Art Gallery
625 East 6th Street, #1B
New York, N.Y. 10009

WHEN?
This Sunday, January 20th from 1-3PM

bedroom foods said...

I thought it was an excellent blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a desserts lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, this weekend I want to do one! Thanks for this great moment!